Willow Year 4
Welcome to Willow Class Year 4
Teacher: Miss Fisher
Teaching Assistant: Miss Illidge
Meet the Fab Fours
- Class Teacher - Miss Fisher
- Teaching Assistant - Miss Illidge
- Start at 8:45 and Finish at 3:15
- Water bottles required daily
- PE days are Wednesday and Thursday - children come to school in their PE kits on these days.
- Children are expected to read three times in a week
- Homework is sent home on a Friday and is due in the following Tuesday
- Weekly spellings are sent home on a Wednesday and will be tested on a Monday
- Half termly spellings will be sent at the beginning of a half term and tested at the end. These are the Year 3/4 words.
Children at Victoria Road are expected to read at least three times each week. Your child should bring their reading book and reading diary into school each day so that it can be monitored. Unfortunately, children who are not reading regularly at home will need to catch up at lunch time. Reading comments are counted on a Friday morning.
Homework will be sent home on a Friday. It is an expectation that homework is completed to a good standard and returned to school by the following Tuesday. Unfortunately, children who have not completed their homework will need to catch up at lunch time.
Your child will have spellings to learn each week. These will be sent home on a Wednesday and will be tested the following Monday. Click on the link below to practise the year 3 and 4 spelling rules.
Year 3 and 4 Words
Click on the link below to see the spellings that children in Year 4 should be able to read and spell by the end of the year. At the beginning of each half term, your child will be given a selection of these words to practise over the half term. These spellings will then be assessed during assessment week.
It's Good to be Green
At Victoria Road:
- We always try our best.
- We are honest.
- We keep our hands and feet to ourselves.
- We look after our property.
- We are kind and helpful.
- We walk around school at all times.
At the end of each half term, the children who have followed the rules will be invited to join in with the class reward. The class will pick a reward of their choice at the beginning of a each half term.
Children should come to school in their PE kit on a Wednesday and Thursday. PE kit include: black jogging bottoms, a black jacket, a white t-shirt and trainers. Hair must be tied back.
Wednesday - Judo
Thursday - Football
Please encourage your child to learn their times tables at home. It is important that your child is using TT Rockstars regularly. All children have been provided with a user name and password. Please let me know if you have any problems logging in at home.
Your child has been provided with a user name and password for Oxford Owls. This gives your child access to more books that can be read online.
Your child will be sent a copy of their Maths Passport home. These are the number facts and times tables that your child should know by the end of year four. They will be checked throughout the year and children can earn their bronze, silver and gold stamps.